Bhojpur Trail Race 2019
Bhojpur is Mira Rai’s village and Bhojpur Trail Race is a charity race in the Eastern region of Nepal. It’s remote, it’s raw and it’s fabulous! 2019 will be the 4th edition of the race and it’s growing BIG.
- 15th February 2019 : 8 km and 3 km race for the village children and participants
- 16th February 2019 : 36 km Race starting from Sanodumma to Bhojpur Bazaar
Bhojpur Municipality lies in region 1 in Nepali state bifurcation. It is a huge municipality with 12 wards. Mira Rai’s village, Sanodumma used to be 18 km hiking from main Bhojpur Bazaar but now there is a road construction going on the trails. Alternative trails is about 25 km or about 6-7 hours hiking from the main bazaar. It is about 3 hours bus journey.
Objectives of the race
- Make a quality trail race accessible to the remote villages in Nepal, starting from Mira Rai’s own village.
- Promote a remote region of Nepal which has a great potential for organising trail running race.
- Support the athletes who show demonstrated talent with further opportunities within or outside Nepal.
What’s new for Bhojpur Trail Race 2019, the 4th edition?
- Race event for two days. 15th February ( Phalgun 3), will be the race focused on the village children and participants. Start and Finish venue on Sanodumma School playground. Distance 8 km and 3 km.
- 16th February ( Phalgun 4), Main race day of 36 km distance. Race starts at Sanodumma Village and Ends at Bhojpur bazaar.
- A race tour for 5 days, that will cover the tour of Bhojpur village and Sanodumma for international runners.
- International participants from 6 countries representing in the race for the first time.
- Homestay facilities to begin in Sanodumma village for the first time.
- Entire local committee of Bhojpur bazaar and Sanodumma and connecting routes of the race joins hands to make the event a grand success for everyone.
Our Special Thanks to
Special Thanks to Nepal Miteri Munch from Italy who supported us with a seed fund of 740 Euros to kickstart 4th Bhojpur Trail Race Project.
Machhapuchchhre bank Limited for their pledged support of NRS 50000 inclusive of taxes. We are grateful for their support.
We are grateful to Gurkha TrailBlazer team for pledging us support of 6944 Hong Kong Dollars and for inviting the top female runner to Hong Kong to participate in the race in 2019 and for offering invitation for top male and female runners in 2018.
For the team Exchange and Empower for supporting the scholarship program for the athletes and facilitating an exchange trip in Hong Kong and Nepal.
- We would also like to extend our heartfelt thanks to our individual supporters Mr Julien Ackerer for being the first participant of the Bhojpur Race Tour and for donating USD 250 for the project.
- We are grateful to Ultra-runner legend Miss Lizzy Hawker for pledging gifts for the top performing children of Sanodumma village on 15th February.
Primary Organising committee in Bhojpur
Our special thanks to Rimachong Sports and Education Association, Chief Pabi Hang Rai and the team for taking responsibility of the local organising partners.
With special support and permission of Nepal Government
We are thankful to the Village Development Committee of Sanodumma for taking up active responsibility for facilities for the participants in Ward 5 village. We are grateful for all the local Nepal government bodies for the permissions and valuable support.
Venue Partners Sanodumma Village, Ward 5
We are grateful to Sanodumma secondary school for being the venue and facility provider for our participants.
Our radio partners have been spreading the news of the races in their zones and have been very instrumental in promoting the charity race across the eastern region.
Bhojpur FM , Radio Unnati and Chomolungma Community Radio
- For Registration in the Eastern Nepal contact, Rimachung Sports and Education Association, Mr Pabi Hang Rai,+977- 9815336915
- Manual Registration forms in Kathmandu Available at the Outdoor Adventure Center, Thamel.
Up to date race info: https://bhojpurtrailrace.org/