Come fastpack with us!
Are you a trail runner looking for a new adventure? Or an experienced hiker who likes to travel fast and ultra light? We organize small groups of active people who want to get way off the beaten path in the Himalaya. Join us on one of our newest fast packs, where we go around Mt. Manaslu, the eighth highest mountain in the world at 8,163 metres.
- Get off the beaten track – we are experts at finding alternative trails (and sometimes just going cross country)
- Visit Hinang gumba, option to hike towards Nepal/Tibet border on acclimatization day in Samdo and overlap part of Annapurna Circuit towards the end.
- Travel without porter or pack animal support. Seriously, there is no need to do this – the lodges have blankets and good food. Travel quick and light!
- Move at your own pace – you can run when you want or just power hike all day long. We’ve got you covered.
- Let us handle the logistics, we’ve led a lot of trail runners down crazy (and not so crazy) trails in Nepal – we know what we are doing!
- This is the perfect introduction to high altitude mountain running in Nepal.
- Eleven days on the trail with two acclimatization days included. (May 8th – 22th, 2020)
- Distance: 212 km, Total Gain: +8108m, Max Elevation: 5134m
- Check out our route in Caltopo
- Max group size: 10
- Cost: $2,215. All inclusive, including $250 deposit through your UltraSignup registration (the rest due within 30 days)
- Briefing and Orientation starting at noon.
- Kathmandu to Arughat (524m) Bus Transport.
- Day 1, Arughat (524m) to Machhakholagaon (862m), Distance: 29.07km, Elevation gain: +2172m, Elevation loss: -1841m
- Day 2, Machhakholagaon (862m) to Jagat (1,330m), Distance: 19.36km Elevation gain: +1512m, Elevation loss: -1037m
- Day 3, Jagat (1,330m) to Deng (1880m), Distance: 20.63km, Elevation gain: +2407m, Elevation loss: -1855m
- Day 4, Deng (1880m) to Hinang Gumba (3123m), Distance: 25.31km, Elevation gain: +2285m, Elevation loss: -1042m
- Day 5, Hinang Gumba (3123m) to Samagaon (3514m), Distance: 22.5km Elevation gain: +1468m, Elevation loss: -1077m
- Day 6, Acclimatisation day
- Day 7, Samagaon (3514m) to Samdo (3862m), Distance: 8.2km, Elevation gain: +421m, Elevation loss: -77m
- Day 8, Acclimatisation day
- Day 9, Samdo (3862m) to Bhimtang (3709m) via Larke Pass 5134m, Distance: 21.28km, Elevation gain: +1408m, Elevation loss: -1557m
- Day 10, Bhimtang (3709m) to Tal (1672m), Distance: 29.55km Elevation gain: +778m, Elevation loss: -2823m
- Day 11, Tal (1672m) to Besisahar (797m), Distance: 35.66km, Elevation gain: +1755m, Elevation loss: -2616m
- Transport back to Kathmandu.
- Departure Day
Helping Kids in Nepal
Every year we work with our partner charity ‘Wide Open Vistas’ and help organize a children’s race in the high altitude village of Manang. This usually takes place on the 4th day of our fastpack around the Annapurna Circuit (we stop in Manang for a day to help acclimatize). Thank you Matt Jenkins (Class of 2018) for producing this short video. For more info about WOV please visit Wide Open Vistas. HAL donates 10% of all proceeds to WOV!
Terms and Conditions
Please visit our registration page on our website for complete terms and conditions including refund policy and payment plan.