Three sorts of wonderful. Fly into a high altitude airstrip and then travel quick, fast, and self-supported through three passes near the Everest region. Cross massive valley systems using three passes.
The high point of this trip is Renjo Pass (5,420m/17,782ft). You can opt for a non-technical climb of Gokyo Ri (5,357m/17,575ft). And yes, you can walk to Everest Base Camp if the spirit moves you. Or climb Kala Patar (5550m/18,208ft) for stunning 360 degree panoramas.
We will travel through beautiful Himalayan landscapes walking on the lap of the highest mountain in the world. We will move quick, light, and self-supported while following lesser used three passes trail compared to the trail to EBC. This event will also follow a unique format combining cultural running, small group fast packing, and self-supported (no porters or mules). It is the perfect adventure if you are looking for a gnarly high altitude mountain running in Nepal and will prepare you for a stage race and further adventures in the Himalaya.
Everest Three Passes and Gokyo Ri Details
- Metrics: 15 days in the mountains two acclimatization days, Distance: 122k/76mi, Total Gain: 7,315m/24,000ft, Total Loss: 7,315m/24,000ft, Max Elevation: 5,601m/18,376ft.
- Participation limited to 10 people so we can keep the group size small and fun.
- Fun on the three passes: Impossible to quantify.
- Saturday, October 13th – Tuesday, October 30th version 1.
- Costs: $2,550 USD.
- Included: Airport pickup and drop off, lodging in Kathmandu for three nights (two nights prior and one night after, double occupancy in a nice hotel), welcome dinner, transport to/from trail head, park permits, lodging and meals on the trail, access to group sat phone and med kit, entrance to cultural places along trail (temple donations etc).
- Not included: Booze, soda, snacks, desert (approx $5 per day).
- 5% Discount provided for participants of Boldly Went, Rainshadow Running, Trail Running Nepal, Himalayan Adventure Labs, teachers as well as healthcare professionals and first responders.
- An additional 5% discount is provided for participants who fund raise for Wide Open Vistas.
- We donate 10% of all proceeds is to Wide Open Vistas.
- Detailed information, including a day-by-day itinerary can be found at: www.himalayanadventurelabs.com/fast-packs/everest-3-passes/
- Sound good? Please sign up using our online application form