Come join us as we explore alternative trails around the Annapurna Circuit, with Thorung Pass (5,405m/17,728ft) as our literal and figurative high point on the pass. This will be our fifth year organizing this event; each year we explore more and more side trails…getting way off the beaten track.
We will travel through beautiful Himalayan landscapes in a part circumnavigation of the tenth biggest mountain in the world. We will move quick, light, and self-supported while following rarely used trails on the circuit, getting way off the beaten path at times. This event will also follow a unique format combining cultural running, small group fast packing, and self-supported (no porters or mules). It is the perfect introduction to high altitude mountain running in Nepal and will prepare you for a stage race and further adventures in the Himalaya.
I highly recommend doing this race!! It’s such an amazing experience and the people putting it on make it that much better! The loving culture, food and people make Nepal that much more beautiful! Sign up!! Just do it! You won’t regret it!! Promise!
Amy Markovich, USA, Annapurna Fastpack 2015
Annapurna Circuit Details
- Metrics: 10.5 days on trail with two acclimatization days, Distance: 228k/142.6miles, Total Gain: 11,846m/38,863ft, Total Loss: 11,282m/37,013ft, Max Elevation: 5,405m/17,728ft.
- Participation limited to 10 people so we can keep the group size small and fun.
- September 15th-September 30th, 2018 version 5.
- Costs: $2,250 USD
- Included: Airport pickup and drop off, lodging in Kathmandu for three nights (two nights prior and one night after, double occupancy in a nice hotel), welcome dinner, transport to/from trail head, park permits, lodging and meals on the trail, access to group sat phone and med kit, entrance to cultural places along trail (temple donations etc).
- Not included: Booze, soda, snacks, desert, trail snacks including during six days on the trail when we don’t stop for a hot lunch (approx $5 per day).
- 5% Discount provided for participants of Boldly Went, Rainshadow Running, Trail Running Nepal, Himalayan Adventure Labs, as well as healthcare professionals and first responders.
- An additional 5% discount is provided for participants who fund raise for Wide Open Vistas.
- We donate 10% of all proceeds is to Wide Open Vistas.
- Detailed information, including a day-by-day itinerary can be found at:: www.annapurnafastpack.com
- Sound good? This event has sold out the past two years, please sign up using our online application form