- The North Face® Kathmandu Ultra 51km – 2015
- Race 50,8 kms / 3 050 D+ (certified)
- Difficulty : 1 point ITRA, 1 point UTMB
- The North Face® Kathmandu Ultra 78km – 2015
- Race 78 kms / 3 920 D+ (certified)
- Difficulty : 2 points ITRA, 2 points UTMB
The first ultra distance trail race in the Kathmandu Valley was held in January 2014 in the Shivapuri National Park and it was a great deal of fun. The routes are being finalised for 2015, but expect three distances of 80km (we’re completing scouting now), 50km, 27km and an 11km course with 1100m climb! The courses will be professionally marked by our hero, Ryoichi Sato from Japan.
See http://ultratrailkathmandu.com/ for more details.
Note: 2016 routes same as below, but Saturday 2nd, not Sunday 3rd.